I must have been really good throughout 2016 as I was fortunate to be gifted a pair of the very famous Christian Louboutin shoes for Christmas. As these are such an investment piece, I went with my partner to choose them and to make sure they fit properly.
I did a lot of research into what I wanted before my partner purchased them as my Christmas gift.
It’s really easy to be swept away by the more creative shoes but I stuck to my guns and chose a nude pair of ‘New Very Prive Patent’ in the 120mm heel. I wanted my first pair to be a pair I could wear often and with most of my wardrobe. Nude will also make your legs appear longer which is always an awesome plus!
5 Things To Consider Before Investing In Louboutins
- Sizing – You need to try before you buy. This was the MOST important aspect of the process for me. If I had purchased online, I would have picked up a 39, which is my usual size but when I was in store, they only had a 40. I tried them but thought they would be too big. They fit perfectly.
- If you must purchase online – use a reputable website. Net-a-porter, Selfridges and Saks are some stores I recommend having a look at.
- If you see a deal and it looks to good to be true – it probably is. I have never seen Louboutins discounted.
- Start with the classics. Consider what you will wear with them. Louboutins are expensive so be sure you will wear them.
- Research heel height and choose one you can wear comfortably. Louboutins come in various heel heights – 85mm, 100mm and 120mm. If you can’t walk in a high heel anyway, you probably don’t want to invest in a 120mm heel Louboutin. The Bambi walk isn’t a good look for anyone.